Welcome to ReDeadstock SoleClear. This is where we’re going to show you how to use this amazing product to reverse the oxidation process (yellowed soles). Check out the video below, and read the steps/tips that follow.
Make sure your sneakers are clean first
Step 1: Tape off areas that do not require deoxidation.
Step 2: Apply SoleClear from the applicator bottle to the soles.
Step 3: Brush the solution evenly so that it does not drip. (Make sure the area you want deoxidized is cover. Be generous with the solution).
Step 4. Use plastic wrap to cover the area covered with SoleClear.
Step 5. Place sneakers under the sun.
Step 6. Check them frequently to make sure they do not get too hot! Heat causes sole separation. Optimal conditions are on cold sunny days.
Step 7. Take sneakers out of the sun to allow for cooling (if necessary).
Step 8. Repeat steps 1-8 until desired results are achieved.
Always keep these tips in mind when using ReDeadstock SoleClear
- This solution contains peroxides, which are harmful to the skin. Always use gloves and protective eyewear when handling. If you happen to get any on your skin, rinse with room temperature water immediately for at least 2 minutes. This will dilute the solution. Consult a physician if necessary.
- Make sure you do NOT overexpose your sneakers to UV light. This will result in your soles losing grip. We do not recommend the indoor UV light method when using SoleClear for this reason.
- Do NOT let your shoes get too hot. This will cause the glue in your sneakers to melt. Once glue melts, anything held together by glue will separate (think sole separation). Check them frequently and keep them cool.
- How do you keep the sneakers cool? We recommend facing a fan at the sneakers. This keeps them from getting too hot, and will allow you to keep them under the sun for an extended period of time. Another great tip to leave the sneakers facing the sun inside a window. You can use the fan indoors this way, and it may be much cooler in the house. You still want to check the sneakers frequently in case they fall over, or if the fan shuts off for any reason.
- Oxidized/yellowed soles can only reverse so much in some situations. We’ll show you some examples here so that you can set your expectation levels. Refer to our case studies as well as they are excellent documented trials as to how far you can deoxidize.